In this world where divorce seems to be the norm, a couple managing to stay together through thick and thin deserves some celebration! If you and your spouse have made it to a significant anniversary, or you just want to have a "do-over" wedding, consider a vow renewal. Here are a few tips to help you put this celebrations together.
- Involve the children or other family members with a Unity Candle Ceremony or Sand Ceremony for beach and destination renewals
- Recreate your original wedding bouquet
- Use your wedding photo to make personalized invitations.
- Return to your original honeymoon destination, staying at the same hotel, if possible.
- Display your wedding photograph.
- Don't walk down the aisle alone. Walk down together or have your children escort you.
- Attendents aren't necassary for a vow renewal, but you might choose to invite your original bridesmaids and groomsmen to stand up for you informally, for sentimental reasons. Many couples also involve their children and grandchildren, perhaps being escorted down the aisle by them or having them perform a reading during the ceremony.